LC mid level w/ premium package

shwazz714

📛 Founding Member
May 5, 2024
san diego
Vehicles
2024 LC
Does anyone have real world photos of the LC mid-trim with premium package???

I’ve seen many real world photos of the FEs (and seen 3 in real world, 2 at dealer & 1 on road) and I’ve seen real world pics of the 1958.

Haven’t seen any real world pics of mid level trim. Curious how it all looks with roof rails and rectangular lights.

Not exactly real real world, but close - a lot of the review videos posted a few weeks back were with the Land "Land Cruiser" Cruiser trim.

I can't recall who posted them or where but here are some (not great) photos of an LC grade Land Cruiser. I'd love to see more/better real-world photos of the LC grade.
PS: I see this one has the PIO (accessory) roof cross bars.
PSS: I'm not a big fan of the 'Underground' exterior color but it is the only color that's solely offered on the LC grade ('Underground' is not offered on the 1958 or First Edition)

IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0792.jpeg

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0794.jpeg

IMG_0795.jpeg

I can't recall who posted them or where but here are some (not great) photos of an LC grade Land Cruiser. I'd love to see more/better real-world photos of the LC grade.
PSS: I'm not a big fan of the 'Underground' exterior color but it is the only color that's solely offered on the LC grade ('Underground' is not offered on the 1958 or First Edition)

View attachment 2155

View attachment 2157

View attachment 2158

View attachment 2159

View attachment 2160
Thank you! Believe this is in San Diego - my coworker said he saw it on the road and looked great! Which prompted my question as I’ve seen 3 FEs in person but none of the midgrade (and i recently swapped down to mid grade since I’m not an off roader)

Cannot wait! However, Toyota sure blew it with the trailer hitch, protruding as it does. Hope the hitch pin is easier to access than it appears.

Thank you! Believe this is in San Diego - my coworker said he saw it on the road and looked great! Which prompted my question as I’ve seen 3 FEs in person but none of the midgrade (and i recently swapped down to mid grade since I’m not an off roader)
My pleasure. But you're not really giving up any off-road ability with the LC grade vs. FE. Yes, the rock rails are better than running boards in the rough stuff but that's an easy fix (via Toyota PIO, Toyota accessory, or future aftermarket). Everything else on the FE is just cosmetic. I much prefer the grey wheels (vs. black), nicer looking mud flaps (the FE mud flaps remind me of something you'd buy at at truck stop), no roof box, and larger number of available exterior colors on the LC grade. You're paying a big premium for some unneeded features on the FE. I was offered an incoming FE and passed—waiting for my LC grade to be released from port.

Cannot wait! However, Toyota sure blew it with the trailer hitch, protruding as it does. Hope the hitch pin is easier to access than it appears.
I too don't love the setup but it's certainly not a deal killer. And I'm sure they' be a hitch pin solution...if the stock setup is a pain.

My pleasure. But you're not really giving up any off-road ability with the LC grade vs. FE. Yes, the rock rails are better than running boards in the rough stuff but that's an easy fix (via Toyota PIO, Toyota accessory, or future aftermarket). Everything else on the FE is just cosmetic. I much prefer the grey wheels (vs. black), nicer looking mud flaps (the FE mud flaps remind me of something you'd buy at at truck stop), no roof box, and larger number of available exterior colors on the LC grade. You're paying a big premium for some unneeded features on the FE. I was offered an incoming FE and passed—waiting for my LC grade to be released from port.
Yeah I just felt that the extra $ for the FE was more off-road based features - rock rails, better skid plate, mud flaps, etc. LC with premium package gets me everything I need and I think I like the rectangular lights better too. Mines on QC hold at Long Beach, hopefully that lifts soon as the dealership I’m buying from isn’t far away!

View attachment 2155

View attachment 2157

View attachment 2158

View attachment 2159

View attachment 2160
Actually think the rectangular headlights look better in pictures in the wild than in the auto show. They’ve really grown on me.

Yeah I just felt that the extra $ for the FE was more off-road based features - rock rails, better skid plate, mud flaps, etc. LC with premium package gets me everything I need and I think I like the rectangular lights better too. Mines on QC hold at Long Beach, hopefully that lifts soon as the dealership I’m buying from isn’t far away!
Yes, I too prefer the rectangular headlights.

Also - should say I’ve got a 14 month old daughter and hoping for one more kiddo in next 1-2 years. So the running boards are preferred to make access easier for them down the road. Would love to throw on power running boards if that becomes an option at some point.

Also - should say I’ve got a 14 month old daughter and hoping for one more kiddo in next 1-2 years. So the running boards are preferred to make access easier for them down the road. Would love to throw on power running boards if that becomes an option at some point.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, both in our early 80's, and also wish power running boards. Hopefully somebody such as AMP will offer them soon. In the interim will probably go with the Predator steps.

Actually think the rectangular headlights look better in pictures in the wild than in the auto show. They’ve really grown on me.
I saw the rectangular lights back in January at an Auto Show in D.C. and I was sold immediately on them. Rectangle > Circle

I still might down the road try to buy the circle lights and install them just for fun. I low-key think that's one of the coolest features of the LC is swappable headlights.

I thought I would prefer the brown seats over black but maybe not after looking at that pic. They don't really fit in.
I told my dealer that I’d be fine with either Black or Java interior (but Meteor Shower is the exterior color I’d like). They found an LC grade in Meteor Shower with Black interior (leather…Premium Package). The more I see Java, the more I’m happy I’m not getting Java.

I told my dealer that I’d be fine with either Black or Java interior (but Meteor Shower is the exterior color I’d like). They found an LC grade in Meteor Shower with Black interior (leather…Premium Package). The more I see Java, the more I’m happy I’m not getting Java.
Definitely Meteor Shower for me, with Wind Chill Pearl as a possible alternate. I know black is "in", but good grief, in the desert SW U.S. a black interior can be punishing in the summer.

I’m not a fan of taking care of black (or the heat issue) but it usually looks good. But I don’t think the new LC looks good in black (especially with the FE black wheels). And Wind Chill Pearl is a color I could never get…it’s a Lexus/Cadillac/Lincoln/Hyundai Palisade color (too glitzy/cheesy…I’d need to buy a gold watch and dress like a golfer!). Ice Cap is far nicer and more honest. I do wish Toyota also offered a normal/regular silver. But Meteor Shower is great.

Good advice MarcMarc. It is just that here in the West white is certainly the predominate vehicle color. Our daughter has a white pearl 4Runner, and we think it is a good choice. And I certainly appreciate your point, re the analogy to a gold watch and dressing like a golfer (NOT a golfer!). I might consider the Ice Cap. The thing is, and surely in your neck of the woods, white does not show the accumulation of winter road deposits as bad as other colors. However, our dealer provides lifetime car washes with any vehicle purchase. I use it a LOT in the winter! YES, silver would be a great option. Meteor Shower is about as close as possible.

I’m not a fan of taking care of black (or the heat issue) but it usually looks good. But I don’t think the new LC looks good in black (especially with the FE black wheels). And Wind Chill Pearl is a color I could never get…it’s a Lexus/Cadillac/Lincoln/Hyundai Palisade color (too glitzy/cheesy…I’d need to buy a gold watch and dress like a golfer!). Ice Cap is far nicer and more honest. I do wish Toyota also offered a normal/regular silver. But Meteor Shower is great.
I'm with you on the basic white being better, and I like to see the trend of more flat paint color options. But I went with wind chill because of all the issues with ice cap. Doing a google search there are people as recent as march of this year posting about ice cap white chipping and peeling within the first 6 months. If Toyota has fixed it, I'd switch to the ice cap.

Back