Floor liners with added carpet floor mat option

DctrEvil

📛 Founding Member
Nov 21, 2023
Little Rock, AR
Vehicles
Tacoma
So my mid-level "LC" trim is on its way, but I'm a little confused about how the spec sheet lists the mats...

The interior features of this trim level and all trim levels for that matter, include "All weather floor liners and cargo mats", which one would assume is the rubber floor mats and a rubber cargo mat.

But then the dealer has added a port installed option of "carpet floor mats" for $179?

I have no interest in carpet floor mats and these will go in the attic like all others. Surely these are just some stupid add-on and the "All weather floor liners and cargo mats" will still be in the vehicle.
For the rare few that have taken delivery, did you have rubber mats, carpet or both?!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 12.57.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 12.57.43 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
I think there are a few misprints or something. The FE also said "All weather floor liners and cargo mats" standard but the all weather cargo mat was an additional $130.

So my mid-level "LC" trim is on its way, but I'm a little confused about how the spec sheet lists the mats...

The interior features of this trim level and all trim levels for that matter, include "All weather floor liners and cargo mats", which one would assume is the rubber floor mats and a rubber cargo mat.

But then the dealer has added a port installed option of "carpet floor mats" for $179?

I have no interest in carpet floor mats and these will go in the attic like all others. Surely these are just some stupid add-on and the "All weather floor liners and cargo mats" will still be in the vehicle.
For the rare few that have taken delivery, did you have rubber mats, carpet or both?!
This issue has been bugging me. I've asked several onwers who have taken possession of their FEs whether the all-weather cargo mat was included and the answer was "yes" in all cases - HOWEVER, they all also had the $130 charge for an all-weather cargo mat. My spec sheet also says it includes "all weather floor liners and cargo mats" and there is no separate, additional charge for a cargo mat. But so far I haven't been able to find out from any current owners who didn't have the $130 PIO of the cargo mat.

My (incoming) Land Cruiser grade has the All-Weather Cargo Mat listed as an accessory (PIO—port-installed option) for $130. I'm told my vehicle will come with all-weather floor liners (standard)...1st and 2nd row black rubber floor liners. I have ordered carpet mats from the parts department (as I like running carpet mats in the summer)—and they retail for $179.

This is a follow-up to DctrEvil's thread starter. I am also getting the LC trim.
I have been wondering if the 'All weather floor liners' are just the bottom layer and I need to put an all-weather floor mat on top of the floor liner?
I sat In a FE at the dealer and I seem to recall just the fastening clips and no floor mat. I know I am getting the cargo mat am I also getting the mats that go on top? I apologize if this is unclear, this is my second post in the forum.

This is a follow-up to DctrEvil's thread starter. I am also getting the LC trim.
I have been wondering if the 'All weather floor liners' are just the bottom layer and I need to put an all-weather floor mat on top of the floor liner?
I sat In a FE at the dealer and I seem to recall just the fastening clips and no floor mat. I know I am getting the cargo mat am I also getting the mats that go on top? I apologize if this is unclear, this is my second post in the forum.
Toyota phrased it on the spec sheet for the FE trim as "all weather floor liners and cargo mats". So I would have definitely seen where it was possible they meant liner, but now I just think someone messed up when putting the specs together. Due to the fact that the all weather cargo mat has been a PIO for the FE since day 1, which never really made sense if it was included. Seems like Toyota has just bungled all sorts of things on the release.

So for an update: posed this question and showed the highlighted spec sheet to my salesperson, she discussed it with her sales manager and her reply was " The all weather floor liner is the actual floor of the LC. At least that's what we're thinking."

This would lead me to assume that a dealer would then either spec some rubber or carpet floor mats. In my case they chose to do carpet with the vehicle when being spec'd. I will promptly sell these (maybe to an interested forum member) and get some rubber mats.

All weather floor liners are nothing but fake weathertechs. The rear area comes carpeted and you could either purchase an all weather mat or a carpet mat that goes on top. At least that’s the way it was with my Lexus.

So for an update: posed this question and showed the highlighted spec sheet to my salesperson, she discussed it with her sales manager and her reply was " The all weather floor liner is the actual floor of the LC. At least that's what we're thinking."

This would lead me to assume that a dealer would then either spec some rubber or carpet floor mats. In my case they chose to do carpet with the vehicle when being spec'd. I will promptly sell these (maybe to an interested forum member) and get some rubber mats.
I'm not 100% sure, but I got the impression the front mats would be rubber and you had to "add" if you wanted the cargo area rubber mat.

FWIW I emailed Canvasback Liners a month ago and asked them to add the LC to their offerings. They said they would but it would be prioritized based on demand. Feel free to email and voice interest if anyone likes them:

I’ll probably still do the rubber OEM or Weathertech on the CB as my FE isn’t coming with the cargo mat.

Anyone selling - hit me up.

Latest Discussions

Back