Flippers

Teebo

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Mar 16, 2024
Olympia, WA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1st Ed. 1992 FJ-80 (sold)
People are already trying to flip these "rare first editions"
Screen Shot 2024-05-06 at 13.51.35 PM.jpeg

Wow, I wander the cost. They had to pay tax and license on top of the 78K.
I am guessing over 90K.

I honestly don't think any sensible person is desperate enough to want to spend $10k just to have it a few months earlier than everyone else. And those who got the fu money to burn, would just go get a G wagon instead of the LC 250.

If you personally know anyone paid $10k over MSRP for their FE please chime in. I'm very interested in knowing what kinda demographic group is paying the big ADMs.

I wouldnโ€™t pay over MSRP either. But almost impossible to buy Fe in Texas without paying 10k with Adm and add ons.

I wouldnโ€™t pay over MSRP either. But almost impossible to buy Fe in Texas without paying 10k with Adm and add ons.
yeah, most dealers only get 1, Cedar Park and Fred Haas (number 1 and number 2 volume dealers) gonna get 5-10 FEs
so if you didn't put a deposit with them back in last August and get in line, there's 0 chance now to get without markup

Wow, I wander the cost. They had to pay tax and license on top of the 78K.
I am guessing over 90K.
For sure! They have to be asking a lot to make any sort of profit. Pretty shitty when people that actually want them can't get them while these flippers are doing this.

The problem in Texas is even if you tried to put deposit in August of 2023 they would either not take deposits or call you later to let you know they are going to add 10K to MSRP. Either way you will not get it at MSRP. I called FredHaus Toyota they said they will decided on price only after it arrives at their dealership. Pricing based on market value at that time.

I honestly don't think any sensible person is desperate enough to want to spend $10k just to have it a few months earlier than everyone else. And those who got the fu money to burn, would just go get a G wagon instead of the LC 250.

If you personally know anyone paid $10k over MSRP for their FE please chime in. I'm very interested in knowing what kinda demographic group is paying the big ADMs.
I think you (and the rest of us) might be surprised. I expected this would happen. It's a Land Cruiser, after all!

Latest Discussions

Back