Performance?

Where have you heard that rumor about the LC get the TTV6?
My dealer mentioned it last week. He had just come from a Toyota meeting where it was discussed from higher up. There are a few youtube videos where it get's brought up as well.

Interesting. I wouldn't think it would fit. The GX550 is about 2-3" longer than the LC and that is all in the engine area. Which is also why the GX as a worse approach angle compared to the LC.

Interesting. I wouldn't think it would fit. The GX550 is about 2-3" longer than the LC and that is all in the engine area. Which is also why the GX as a worse approach angle compared to the LC.
Lot's to take into account on fitment. Keep in mind loosing the Hybrid motor gives back front to back space. I'm still taking it as pure speculation at the moment but it wouldn't suprise me one bit if it comes to fruition.

I'm not so sure deleting the Hybrid motor would provide much, if any, additional firewall to radiator space.

I’m not very familiar with the Hybrid setup on my FE LC, as my FJ was just a simple gasoline engine, but I’m curious how and if a snorkel would work. Can you drive a hybrid as deep in water crossings? I’ve had my FJ pretty deep and didn’t run into any issues. I’d love to hear from someone with more knowledge than I.

I’m not very familiar with the Hybrid setup on my FE LC, as my FJ was just a simple gasoline engine, but I’m curious how and if a snorkel would work. Can you drive a hybrid as deep in water crossings? I’ve had my FJ pretty deep and didn’t run into any issues. I’d love to hear from someone with more knowledge than I.
A snorkel isn’t for water. They called it a snorkel because it looks like one, but it’s actually to keep the air intake above the dust on the road.

A snorkel helps prevent dust, water and other microparticles from entering your engine. There are various makes and models that are suited for all occasions. Installed at roof height, the snorkel can take in cleaner and cooler air which increases fuel efficiency whilst keeping your air filters clean

I still think there's an underlying issue in testing. There's no way the 250 should be an 8s+ vehicle. Especially when most people who have driven them are reporting them being fairly peppy.

Just determine in the test drive if it works for you or not.
Grand Highlander Max is at 5.6s on 0-60. A little less weight and a bit more hp with 2 electric motors. I would have thought/hoped LC would land between 6-7s.

Back