2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Review Videos

Tail Dust became my favorite color when I saw it in person outside. And after realizing it's a metallic tan, not yellow. I still like Heritage Blue and Meteor Shower. I'm on the short list for the two tones.
I’m happy to know it’s a metallic tan - I put it on my list but as a number 3 choice ..Because I wasn’t sure how yellow it was .. then I watched the Heritage blur video and was like idk I don’t mind that one either. After waiting this long I do plan to wait until my perfect combo comes through good thing for me that actually is including several colors now.!

I’m happy to know it’s a metallic tan - I put it on my list but as a number 3 choice ..Because I wasn’t sure how yellow it was .. then I watched the Heritage blur video and was like idk I don’t mind that one either. After waiting this long I do plan to wait until my perfect combo comes through good thing for me that actually is including several colors now.!

What is your #1 choice now? Here are a couple more of my real life pictures of Trail Dust.

IMG_6415.JPG
IMG_6429.JPG
IMG_6467.JPG
IMG_6454.JPG

I have watched several video reviews now. Still like Auto Buyers Guide fka Alex on Autos the best. Anyways, a common theme in the reviews is that the Land Cruiser is a good truck but the value proposition is iffy - it's similarly priced to the Lexus GX and more than a similarly equipped 4Runner. Perhaps once the hype wears off this will be a niche vehicle selling 10k a year, with the majority of sales going to the 4Runner and GX?

Everyone seems to be assuming that the similarly equipped 4Runner will be a deal. I'm going to wait and see when prices are announced if that is really true. Even 2024 4Runner TRD Pro (5th gen) and Tacoma TRD Pro (new gen) are pricey, so I'm expecting that to carry forward. My prediction is that TRD Pro and Trail Hunter are well above 1958 price level maybe right around where LC-LC starts.

Everyone seems to be assuming that the similarly equipped 4Runner will be a deal. I'm going to wait and see when prices are announced if that is really true. Even 2024 4Runner TRD Pro (5th gen) and Tacoma TRD Pro (new gen) are pricey, so I'm expecting that to carry forward. My prediction is that TRD Pro and Trail Hunter are well above 1958 price level maybe right around where LC-LC starts.
Agreed. I could see either the Trailhunter or TRD Pro being 60k+ which would be right next to a LC Mid-grade trim w/ no premium package. That mud-colored TRD Pro 4runner with markups could easily go for 70K+ since the color is limited run. When 4th gen Tacomas with premium packages currently go for 55K, it's not that shocking.

I had said first choice underground - followed by either white variety and trail dust .. the salesman said be flexible- I wondered if it would look like a mustard yellow or earthy tan in person.
So prob Underground and trail dust are tied now I’m digging both colors

I have watched several video reviews now. Still like Auto Buyers Guide fka Alex on Autos the best. Anyways, a common theme in the reviews is that the Land Cruiser is a good truck but the value proposition is iffy - it's similarly priced to the Lexus GX and more than a similarly equipped 4Runner. Perhaps once the hype wears off this will be a niche vehicle selling 10k a year, with the majority of sales going to the 4Runner and GX?
The value proposition on a Land Cruiser is really build quality. Won’t be able fully to answer that for a decade, but I am assuming components and frame are stronger/more durable than those in the 4Runner, except where a specific 4Runner package notes otherwise.

The LC offers a plushier, more spacious, and comfortable driving experience with a luxurious feel. It's a more car-like experience. On the other hand, the 4Runner is more of a truck and can come better equipped for off-road adventures. The higher trims with similar features probably provide just a little price advantage vs LC. I would say LC is more durable, but with the same platform and power train .... it is hard to explain why. Maybe some cheaper components will wear faster ?

The value proposition on a Land Cruiser is really build quality. Won’t be able fully to answer that for a decade, but I am assuming components and frame are stronger/more durable than those in the 4Runner, except where a specific 4Runner package notes otherwise.
The 4Runner has been no slouch in reliability over the years and 5th gen with the 4.0l V6 considered rock solid. Also manufactured in the Tahara plant. I would expect reliability between the 4R and LC to be very similar. They share the same frame and virtually the same performance specs so one could assume the components between the 2 will be comparable in reliability and durability. In my opinion the value proposition in terms of build quality will be a wash between the 2. Its really the exterior aesthetics and interior look and feel that will be the main differences and certainly the 4R in non-hybrid and hybrid versions will provide a lot of choice for everyone’s varying budget and wants.

The 4Runner has been no slouch in reliability over the years and 5th gen with the 4.0l V6 considered rock solid. Also manufactured in the Tahara plant. I would expect reliability between the 4R and LC to be very similar. They share the same frame and virtually the same performance specs so one could assume the components between the 2 will be comparable in reliability and durability. In my opinion the value proposition in terms of build quality will be a wash between the 2. Its really the exterior aesthetics and interior look and feel that will be the main differences and certainly the 4R in non-hybrid and hybrid versions will provide a lot of choice for everyone’s varying budget and wants.
Totally fair point on 4Runner reliability. But I think the Land Cruiser traditionally had the 25 year thing - don’t know whether or not the 250 has that expectation or not. 4Runners never had the “overbuilt” thing as part of their marketing.

I agree. I'll be interested to see where actual TRD Pro and Trailhunter pricing end up coming in on the Tacoma for reference. I think people will be surprised. Even a 2024 TRD Sport Premium is about $6k (CAD) higher than last year's TRD Pro. Still, I'd prefer the LC to have some build-spec differences to the 4Runner if I'm forking out the extra $$

Back